Wheels for Purpose
The Scribe Inception Aero Wide+ 60s were designed to offer pure speed on the flat. The deep section profiles will cut through the air allowing you to go faster with less effort, or go faster for the same effort! The wider profile gives you the option to have increased Aero benefits by simply changing tyres! If you want to know more about wheel aerodynamics, and why we designed the Wide+ models, check out our Naturally NACA blog.
Tipping the scales at 1,690g, the Inception Wide+ 60s are lightweight and in terms of spec, there is nothing that comes close at this price point. Partnered with double-disc Ratchet Drive hubs, these wheels respond FAST.
The Wide 21mm internal profile lets you fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. With Centre lock disc as standard, you can ride with confidence knowing the stopping power is there when needed.
Rated by the Professionals
Tech Spec (summary)
|Material||Full, Unidirectional Carbon|
|Type||Clincher - Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||30mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||21mm|
|Spoke Pattern/Hole Count||Front 2x/24H, Rear 2x/24H|
Wide+ Toroidal Disc specific design for improved Aerodynamics. Check out our Naturally NACA Blog to know more about wheel system Aerodynamics.
- Disc specific design
- High filament (12K/18K) Japanese Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional for strength with additional reinforcement at spoke holes. (spoke tested to 280 kgf [single spoke load])
- Optimised TG (Glass Transition) resin used to produce a super lightweight, responsive, low void carbon for increased performance
- Wide 21mm internal (30mm outer)
- 24 hole Front | 24 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design with Hook offers incredibly secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures.
- Double disc, double coil spring ratchet system offers great durability and performance
- Heat treated stainless steel drive rings
- Centre-lock disc standard (6-bolt adapter available)
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed Anti-bite freehub body - Campagnolo and XDR also available.
- Available in all major standards - Front: QR, Bolt thru (12mm and 15mm); Rear: QR, Bolt thru (142x12)
- Endurance bearings: these bearings are fast and designed to stand the test of time, so you can ride as much as you want with confidence.
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Inception Aero Wide+ 60-Ds have been specced with Pillar SR1424 spokes. These spokes utilise Pillar's patented cold forge tech and offer up to a 30% weight saving without compromising strength.
- High strength, Sandvik T302 (18/10)
- Pillar Patented head technology offers increased strength at anchor point and reduces fatigue so your wheels stand the test of time.
- 24 hole front/24 hole rear
Additional items in the box
- Tubeless tape: pre-installed
- Tubeless valves
- Spare spokes
- Spare nipples
- 6-bolt adapter (converts centrelock to 6-bolt)
- Lockring for 15mm axles
- Slim-fit lockring for tight clearing forks
- 10-speed spacer
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 125kg.